Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More about housing

So after giving it some thought, and sleeping on it, I realized that there are some serious benefits to the new situation (assuming I can find housing on Condo Row or somewhere); one of the major ones I see is that I will be in a ward of people who don't know High School Court or Pre-me Court; I will be in a ward and a house where the only one they know is suave, charming RM Court; and I get to define who that is, free of expectations. I get to redefine myself, and make a whole lot of new friends. Looking at myself with a more charitable and happy attitude, I'm sure that I'll make some good friends and find people who like me. So I shouldn't really be afraid.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

All that is true. I think it's also a good opportunity for you to make new friends and meet new people. The advice people gave me when I was worried about having a roommate I didn't know was that, if you really end up hating your roommates, all you have to do in your apartment is sleep in it. And in your case, just think, if you get desperate you can come crash on our sofa. :) For a while, anyway. But my guess is that you'll be just fine.

Sagar Pandya said...

crystal's comment reminded me of how many friends room together, and then end up hating each other. ha, suckers, it's much better to end up hating a stranger!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I made the mistake of living with people I knew during my sophomore year and not liking it because we just grew apart; we had different social interests but still an obligation to hang out. I think it's good to have a fresh start and be able to redefine yourself. At first I was really worried about branching out on my own, but after a while I came to prefer it.