Sunday, October 19, 2008

Drinking Fountains!

Has anyone else noticed how cool drinking fountains are? Let me tell you, after two years of no drinking fountains... it is really nice to be able to just walk over and get a drink whenever you feel like it. It was something I really didn't realize I missed.
In Indonesia, the water is not the safest thing to drink. Many of the missionaries in Central Java caught typhoid while I was there, probably because they got some water that had been contaminated. We had to get all of our water in bottles, and even then, we questioned the health of it. It was just not safe.
Now it is difficult for me to walk past a drinking fountain without drinking from it, just because I really enjoy having the opportunity. It's something we should all be more grateful for. Hooray for being able to drink from drinking fountains!

No comments: