Thursday, November 12, 2009

Die Zauberflöte

I have been listening to Die Zauberflote this week. I really like it, especially Papageno's parts; one of the few examples of really good baritone parts. It made me remember the time Crystal and I went with a group in High School and we saw it performed. I remember enjoying it, but I don't know if I really appreciated it the way I do now. I was discussing music with my freshman students, and many of them had never even HEARD of The Magic Flute, and those who had hadn't seen the opera. I hadn't really considered how lucky I was to have had the opportunity to see it. I feel the need to thank Mr. Wills for arranging the trip and for encouraging me to go. I would love to go see it again-- perhaps I will go after I learn German. :)

1 comment:

The Looney Writer said...

I know it! I know it! In fact, I've read the plot to it. I do like Papageno; he amuses me.